How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-2380 Camera Adapters - Threaded Mounting Rings
Mounting Ring Adapters for the IFW and MAXfilter 2"
Optec 2.380" Threaded Mounting Ring
#17467 - SCT Threaded Mounting Ring with Male 2" 24tpi Long Thread
SCT Long-Thread Mounting Ring
The #17467 SCT Long Thread mount allows IFW and MaxFilter systems, which use a 2.38-inch mount thread, to be directly connected to equipment that uses longer SCT-Thread connections.
- Outside Diameter: 2.9" (73.6mm)
- Overall Height: 1.4" (35.6mm)
- Clear Aperture: 1.78" (45.2mm)
- Weight: 4.8 oz (136 g)
- Back-focus Usage: 0.7" (17.78mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: OPTEC-2380 Thread for IFW
- Camera Side Connection:: 2" SCT Long-Thread