- Very large, high resolution 'SuperHAD' CCD chip, with 6,000,000 x 7.8uM square pixels in a 23.4 x 15.6mm array. Size equivalent to APS film.
- Single-shot colour, using a Bayer matrix of R, G and B on-chip filters. No filter wheel required.
- Triple USB hub for accessories, built-in.
- High performance two stage cooler for better than -40 C chip temperature reduction.
- Dry Argon chamber fill for improved cooling performance.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- High sensitivity, equivalent to 60% QE at peak of green filters.
- Back focal length 17mm +/-1mm.
- NEW! Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface (USB 1.1 compatible) for approx. 3.5 second downloads.
- Built-in autoguider output.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 100mm long - less than 500 grams load on the 'scope!
The TRIUS range of cameras was introduced in 2014. These were the first cameras on the market to
incorporate a powered USB 2.0 hub in the rear of the camera to enable the user to connect their USB
filter wheel and guide camera directly to the camera rather than multiple cables back to the computer -
simplicity and convenience.
The new TRIUS PRO series follows on from that success. We have redesigned the electronics to give
even lower read-noise figures and faster downloads. With the Sony CCD cameras, we are now getting
read-noise figures that are better than CMOS cameras (when used at unity gain), along with 16bit data
and significantly better dark-noise figure thanks to the impressive cooling. Dark frames really are a thing
of the past, making calibration frames optional rather than compulsory, giving you more time to capture
data and process your images.
- CCD type: Sony ICX453AQ SuperHAD CCD with ultra low dark current, Bayer RGB matrix and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 7.8uM x 7.8uM, Image format: 3024 x 2016 pixels
- CCD Image area: 23.4mm (Horizontal) x 15.6mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~60%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 650nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 12 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 7 electrons!
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 25,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface. Also works with USB 1.1.
- Image download time: Typically 3.5 seconds full resolution using USB 2.0, approximately 8 seconds with USB 1.1.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -35C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.