How do you attach your camera?
Over the years, Optec has developed dozens of adapters and custom fittings for various cameras and mounts. While most astronomical cameras have a female T-thread mount, many of the larger chip cameras are now being offered with even larger mechanical interfaces, such as the relatively new 3-inch 24tpi female mount available on Apogee, SBIG, and a modified version on the FLI cameras. However, there are a variety of other mounts such as the STL 4-bolt mount.
We classify our camera mounts by the size and shape of the "telescope" side mechanical interface for a typical configuration. These mounts correspond to many of our astronomy products. For example:
- OPTEC-2300 Camera Adapters for use with the Pyxis rotator, IFW Universal Mounting Ring, and Perseus 4-port parfocalizing rings.
- The OPTEC-2300 circular dovetail mount is used for the TCF-S focuser and IFW filter wheel to allow easy connections from most any camera. If your scope or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call.
- OPTEC-2380 Mounting Rings are threaded mounts for use with the IFW and MAXfilter systems.
- The OPTEC-2380 circular dovetail mount is used for the IFW Intelligent Filter Wheel and Perseus 4-port selector parfocalizing rings to attach most cameras and accessories.
- OPTEC-3000 Dovetail Mounts for use with the 3-inch TCF-S3, Pyxis 3", and IFW-3.
OPTEC-3000 3-inch Mounts
3-inch Adapters for the TCF-S3", Pyxis 3" and IFW 3"
Optec 3-inch "Push-Fit" Mount
The OPTEC-3000 3-inch mounts "push-fit" into any 3-inch receiver including the TCF-S3, IFW-3 #17367 Rear Cover Plate, and Pyxis 3" rotator. Similar to a 2-inch eyepiece barrel or 2-inch camera nosepiece, the OPTEC-3000 series appears as a 3-inch nosepiece for convenient, yet secure mounting. All the OPTEC-3000 mounts have a machined dovetail to match the thumbscrews, setscrews, and other mounting hardware for all our 3-inch product line.
If your camera or accessory is not listed, do not hesitate to call. We are constantly adding new adapters to our catalog.
#17800 - Universal OPTEC-3600 Dovetail Mount
The Universal OPTEC-3600 Dovetail Mount blank is a machinable plate that can be cut, drilled, and modified to fit most any application where the male 3.6" OPTEC-3600 dovetail is required. This mount presents the male OPTEC-3600 dovetail for attachment of any device with an OPTEC-3600 receiver including the TCF-S3 focuser, IFW-3, Pyxis 3" rotator, or Perseus 4-port instrument selector.
- Overall Height: 0.56" (14.2mm)
- Clear Aperture: 3.05" (77.5mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (145 g)
- Pre-drilled holes: Four #8-32 threaded holes on 4.2" dia. bolt-circle
- Back-focus Usage: 0.2" (5.1mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: Flat mount with 4-hole bolt pattern
- Camera Side Connection: OPTEC-3600 male dovetail
- Newtonian telescopes having a flat surface for mounting,
- Any telescope with a flat mounting surface.