USED GEAR INFORMATION
This finder scope is in great condition, however this is only the optical tube (as seen in the pictures). This does not come with any addons such as eyepieces.
The 10 x 60 Vario Finder is a fine replacement for our former 8 x 50 Straight-through Finder (discontinued). This new finder is produced by Baader Planetarium and introduces many new features and functionalities.
- High quality coated 61mm f/4 objective (250 mm focal length)
- Coarse focusing is provided by the sliding draw tube (35 mm travel), and fine focusing is performed using the threaded objective cell with lens-locking ring (12 mm travel).
- 1 ¼" brass clamp ring with 3 thumb screws for interchangeable eyepieces and accessories
- 45° erecting prism with 1 ¼" nosepiece and T-2 thread
- 25mm eyepiece with variable brightness illuminated measuring reticle
- Retractable dew shield
The Vario Finder system is unique in that it utilizes a high quality 2-element Zeiss designed objective and an interchangeable T-2 accessory system that will allow the included 45° prism to be switched with user-provided 90° prisms, or used in a straight-through configuration. Because of the exceptional quality of the optics, this finder will also be able to be used as a guide scope employing a variety of new 3rd party guide cameras.
This finder assembly includes a newly designed Astro-Physics custom bracket for mounting in our Quick Release Base (). The bracket slides into the dovetail base and then tightens quickly with two thumbscrews. This provides a secure and repeatable method of attachment. It may also be attached to either of our sliding bars (7" SB0800 and 10" SB1000). A tripod adapter is also included with the finder.
The bracket assembly includes the bracket ring, alignment screws, and male dovetail base. The nylon alignment screws provide a quick and easy way to align your finder without marring its finish. Note: AQuick Release Base (QRBASED), purchased separately, is required for attachment. The illuminator uses one CR2032 coin battery (included).
Weight: 2 lb. 1 oz. (0.935 kg)